The solution for hanging sleepers from ballast settlements
ShimLift is an vertical adjustable rail fastening, designed to improve the track quality by reduced maintenance costs.
ShimLift on the track
- Equals ballast settlement which causes hanging sleeper
- Avoids repeatet settlements (sleeper memory effect)
- Vertical free space compensation of up to 30 mm
- Usage in transversion zones, therefore before/after bridges, level crossings, transition from slab track to ballasted track etc.
- Compatibel to all common sleeper profiles
- Reducing the vertical wheel rail contact forces due to the flat rail level under load
- Fast vertical adjustment after installation – rail needs not to be lifted up
- No tamping required – no wear at ballast and sleepers
- Considerable cutted maintenance expenses
- Avoids the re-development of hanging sleepers
- Experienced amortization time: 3 to 5 years
- No work required at the ballast
- Sleepers can remain on place, only change of rail festening
- For each installation section: Only 3 worker, 1 working hour
- For each installation section: Adjustment in < 30 min
Learn more about the ShimLift working principle and the setup from the brief video clip.